How to Apply for a Sherwood Trust Organization or Community Grant
DEADLINE – Grant applications must be received by 5:00 pm on March 1. Sherwood Trust typically makes grant decisions and notifications by June of the same year. Late applications may not be considered.
GUIDELINES – Please review the guidelines carefully before completing your application materials.
APPLICATION DOCUMENTS – Completed applications and requested documents should be emailed to Danielle@sherwoodtrust.org.
Please email your completed application along with the following documents as attachments:
- Copy of your 501(c)(3) determination letter from the IRS.
- Copies of your current year and the past three years of Financial Statements – balance sheets and income statements. Please note that for grant requests over $25,000 these forms must be formatted in compliance with Sherwood Trust Financial Statement Guidelines, available online: http://sherwoodtrust.org/assets/financial-statement-guidelines-revised-dec-10.pdf.
- Copies of any other documentation that describes the scope or purpose of the grant. Please list below which extra documents you are including.
- If your grant request is for a capital project, please also provide:
- Pro Forma budget for the year before the project is completed, the year it is completed, and at least two years after completion
- Name of General Contractor
- Construction budget based on bids
- Name of Project Manager
- Plans and specifications
- Construction timeline
- Disbursement procedures
If you have questions about the grant guidelines or application process, you may contact Sherwood Trust CEO Danielle Garbe at Danielle@sherwoodtrust.org or 509-529-2791.
Thank you for your interest and your commitment to building the capacity of nonprofit organizations and the communities of the Walla Walla Valley!