2018 GRANT GUIDELINES
REQUEST GRANT APPLICATION
How to Apply for a Sherwood Trust Core or Impact Grant
DEADLINE – Grant applications must be received by 12:00 pm on March 1. Sherwood Trust typically makes grant decisions and notifications by June of the same year. Late applications are not be considered.
GUIDELINES – Please review the guidelines carefully before completing your application materials.
APPLICATION DOCUMENTS – Completed applications and requested documents should be emailed to Danielle@sherwoodtrust.org. Core Grant requests are an application, available by request. The process for applying for an Impact Grant is described in the 2018 Grant Guidelines.
Please email your completed application along with the following documents as attachments:
- Copies of your current year board-approved budget and the past three years of Financial Statements – balance sheets and income statements.
- Please note that for Core Grant requests Sherwood Trust prefers, but does not require, that financial statements be formatted in compliance with these guidelines, available online here: Sherwood Trust Financial Statement Guidelines.
- Copies of any other documentation that describes the scope or purpose of the grant.
- If your grant request is for a capital project, please alsobe sure to provide:
- Pro Forma budget for the year before the project is completed, the year it is completed, and at least two years after completion
- Name of General Contractor
- Construction budget based on bids
- Name of Project Manager
- Plans and specifications
- Construction timeline
- Disbursement procedures
If you have questions about the grant guidelines or application process, you may contact Sherwood Trust CEO Danielle Garbe at Danielle@sherwoodtrust.org or 509-529-2791.
Thank you for your interest and your commitment to building the capacity of nonprofit organizations and the communities of the Walla Walla Valley!